Jerven Bag - Original - Mountain Camouflage Pattern
Jerven AS has been the supplier of its specially created Jerven Bag protective tarp (or Fjellduken in Norway), to the Norwegian Armed Forces for over 30 years. It is also in use with the British, French, Swiss and Danish Special Forces.
The Jerven Bag is a versatile windproof and waterproof shelter. Its primary use was a protective poncho, to keep soldiers and hunters and their backpacks dry and warm, but it is also a fantastic windsack for wildlife watching and hunting, an emergency tarp or sleeping bag cover (bivi). The well thought out design, superb quality workmanship (10 Year Warranty) and versatility of the product, means that this product should be an essential in your kit list.
The Jerven Bag is made from a coated polyester, with aluminium coating on the underside, which reflects body heat back like a survival bag. The bags features double sided YKK zips around three edges to allow you to vary the shape according to your desired setup. Included are a pair of 3/4 length sleeves that you can attach or detach as you wish and a hi viz orange rescue flag.
10 reasons why you should get a Jerven Bag.
1. Mountain Camouflage - exellent camouflage blends in perfectly with most environments.
2. Quick Emergency Shelter
3. Waterproof - It can be used to protect you from rain or wet ground when sleeping.
4. Insulating - The aluminium coating provides fantastic insulating qualities
5. Smell - If you are a hunter you will appreciate the odour being trapped inside.
6. Signalling - The aluminium coating can provide a great reflective signal if you want to be found.
7. Warranty - 10 years warranty should get your trust.
8. Collect water - Improvise with it and use it to gather water.
9. Combining several Jerven Bags - The zips around the edge allows you to connect several bags to one to create a bigger shelter or a double bivvi bag for two to sleep in.
10. Life insurance - In a survival situation the Jerven Bag may save your life.
The Original Jerven Bag includes:
- The Jerven Bag, 143 x 286 cm opened fully, 143 x 143 cm zipped shut as a bag. Weight 650 g.
- A carry pouch, two pairs of belt loops and a pocket for a rescue flag.
- A pair of waterproof sleeves to cover your arms.
- A rescue flag, 50 x 50 cm
- An excellent user guide
FREE UK Delivery!