Prometheus Design Werx Expedition Watch Band Compass Kit Ti - Black
A high grade, versatile, submersible, EDC and Field compass accessory that can be worn on a nylon NATO-style watch bands in 20mm to 22mm, or in its silicone carrier for multiple carry options. Our button compass unit is rated to a depth of 100M/300', cushioned in a GID silicone gasket and encapsulated by a precision machined titanium case. The kit includes one silicone carrier.
While we can use to great effect and marvel at the products of our digital age, there is still something substantial to be respected, acknowledged and said for analog and mechanical devices. The invention and introduction of the magnetic compass transformed the known world. Unreliant on batteries or circuit boards, a magnetic compass is the directional navigation tool in its most distilled and purest form. Our design process to create this modern classic drew inspiration from similar units as used and worn by UDTs, Combat Swimmers, Explorers and Adventurers from a different era. No less relevant today as it was yesterday, a compass that only needs the earth’s magnetic field to operate and is a tried and trued navigational device for anyone who spends time in the field.
- Case: 6AL-4V Titanium
- Compass: Oil Filled with an Acetyl Cellulose Body
- Note that oil filled compasses of any type may have tiny bubbles appear and disappear over time. This is a natural result of changes in altitude and barometric pressure in your area of use. These tiny bubbles, if they do appear, do not affect the accuracy or function of the your compass in any way.
- Carrier Body: Silicone with UV Inhibitors
- Case Gasket: Silicone with Glow in the Dark Pigment
- Compass Case: 1.063” x 0.455”
- Compass: 0.787" X 0.314" / 20mm X 8mm
- Compass Carrier: 4.75” Long, 1.170” wide, 0.550” Tall
- 0.72 Oz
- Depth Rated to 100M/300' Water Resistance
- Black Face with High Luminosity Glow in the Dark Markings
- Fits NATO Type Watch Bands 20mm to 22mm
- PDW Logo
Lems are designed to mirror the natural shape of the human foot. Unlike traditional footwear products that squeeze the toes together, our toe area allows for maximum room, giving the toes ultimate freedom to wiggle and spread.
Due to the narrowness of shoes in today’s market, most of us have experienced foot deformation whether we know it or not. Lems aims to fix these problems by allowing the toes all-day comfort and the freedom to live naturally.
Combine Lems with Correct Toes to help naturally spread the toes and cure many foot ailments including bunions, neuromas, and general foot numbness.
You have gone to the trouble and effort of picking the right pair of boots for your requirements. You have now broken them in and they are extremely comfortable and suit your needs perfectly.
With just a few simple steps (no pun intended), you can help to preserve your favourite pair of boots and greatly extend their lifespan. Follow these simple guidelines to maximise the longevity of your footwear.
We recommend the use of Redback Boot Wax- it has been specifically developed for the type of water repellent leathers we use (NB not suitable for the nubuck UBCH boots).
We recommend that you rub in the Redback Boot Wax when the leather is dry and warmed up a little. Use a cloth to work the wax and oils into the leather and then leave to dry a little and brush vigorously to drive it into and below the leather surface.
Please bear these points in mind:
1) Never dry your boots using an artificial heat source (radiator, oven, fire etc.).
2) Make the drying out procedure take as long as possible.
3) Never force dry your boots.
4) Never store boots wet.
5) Never store boots that have not been waxed or treated first.
Drying boots out rapidly can lead to shrinkage. Particularly in hot climes, cover the boots with a lightly dampened cloth to slow the rate of evaporation. Ensuring the leather is clean and treated regularly can in fact double or triple the lifespan of a pair of Redbacks so is well worth doing.
Get the most out of your Redbacks with Redback Boot Wax. Available here -