Jerven Bag - Original - Mountain Camouflage Pattern
Jerven AS has been the supplier of its specially created Jerven Bag protective tarp (or Fjellduken in Norway), to the Norwegian Armed Forces for over 30 years. It is also in use with the British, French, Swiss and Danish Special Forces.
The Jerven Bag is a versatile windproof and waterproof shelter. Its primary use was a protective poncho, to keep soldiers and hunters and their backpacks dry and warm, but it is also a fantastic windsack for wildlife watching and hunting, an emergency tarp or sleeping bag cover (bivi). The well thought out design, superb quality workmanship (10 Year Warranty) and versatility of the product, means that this product should be an essential in your kit list.
The Jerven Bag is made from a coated polyester, with aluminium coating on the underside, which reflects body heat back like a survival bag. The bags features double sided YKK zips around three edges to allow you to vary the shape according to your desired setup. Included are a pair of 3/4 length sleeves that you can attach or detach as you wish and a hi viz orange rescue flag.
10 reasons why you should get a Jerven Bag.
1. Mountain Camouflage - exellent camouflage blends in perfectly with most environments.
2. Quick Emergency Shelter
3. Waterproof - It can be used to protect you from rain or wet ground when sleeping.
4. Insulating - The aluminium coating provides fantastic insulating qualities
5. Smell - If you are a hunter you will appreciate the odour being trapped inside.
6. Signalling - The aluminium coating can provide a great reflective signal if you want to be found.
7. Warranty - 10 years warranty should get your trust.
8. Collect water - Improvise with it and use it to gather water.
9. Combining several Jerven Bags - The zips around the edge allows you to connect several bags to one to create a bigger shelter or a double bivvi bag for two to sleep in.
10. Life insurance - In a survival situation the Jerven Bag may save your life.
The Original Jerven Bag includes:
- The Jerven Bag, 143 x 286 cm opened fully, 143 x 143 cm zipped shut as a bag. Weight 650 g.
- A carry pouch, two pairs of belt loops and a pocket for a rescue flag.
- A pair of waterproof sleeves to cover your arms.
- A rescue flag, 50 x 50 cm
FREE UK Delivery!
Lems are designed to mirror the natural shape of the human foot. Unlike traditional footwear products that squeeze the toes together, our toe area allows for maximum room, giving the toes ultimate freedom to wiggle and spread.
Due to the narrowness of shoes in today’s market, most of us have experienced foot deformation whether we know it or not. Lems aims to fix these problems by allowing the toes all-day comfort and the freedom to live naturally.
Combine Lems with Correct Toes to help naturally spread the toes and cure many foot ailments including bunions, neuromas, and general foot numbness.
You have gone to the trouble and effort of picking the right pair of boots for your requirements. You have now broken them in and they are extremely comfortable and suit your needs perfectly.
With just a few simple steps (no pun intended), you can help to preserve your favourite pair of boots and greatly extend their lifespan. Follow these simple guidelines to maximise the longevity of your footwear.
We recommend the use of Redback Boot Wax- it has been specifically developed for the type of water repellent leathers we use (NB not suitable for the nubuck UBCH boots).
We recommend that you rub in the Redback Boot Wax when the leather is dry and warmed up a little. Use a cloth to work the wax and oils into the leather and then leave to dry a little and brush vigorously to drive it into and below the leather surface.
Please bear these points in mind:
1) Never dry your boots using an artificial heat source (radiator, oven, fire etc.).
2) Make the drying out procedure take as long as possible.
3) Never force dry your boots.
4) Never store boots wet.
5) Never store boots that have not been waxed or treated first.
Drying boots out rapidly can lead to shrinkage. Particularly in hot climes, cover the boots with a lightly dampened cloth to slow the rate of evaporation. Ensuring the leather is clean and treated regularly can in fact double or triple the lifespan of a pair of Redbacks so is well worth doing.
Get the most out of your Redbacks with Redback Boot Wax. Available here -